Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!
This holiday is so festive, it wouldn't be complete without a margarita.
I just had to whip one up this morning. Unfortunately being pregnant, I was a good girl and only had one sip. My boyfriend was the lucky one that got to drink it! Well, I made myself a mocktail version of it right after... basically the same recipe, minus the alcohol, and that was just as good! :)
What are you guys doing for the occasion? I know I will be nibbling on Mexican fares all day! If you feel like cooking rather than trying to beat the crowds in your local Mexican restaurants, here are some suggestions of zesty Mexican influenced recipes to try on this fun occasion. Click here for the suggestions: 10 recipe ideas for Cinco de Mayo
Now, let's get your blender ready, and celebrate!
STRAWBERRY, LIME, AND CILANTRO FROZEN MARGARITA
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2-4 tablespoons of tequila (depending on how strong you like it)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Grand Marnier
- 1 cup of ice
- In a high speed blender, place all the ingredients except the ice.
- Blend into a thick, icey puree
- Add the ice and blend until the ice is broken up, and the cocktail looks slushy
- Serve in a margarita glass
This will make 1 margarita