Friday, May 15, 2015

BLUEBERRY POPSICLE






The weather is getting warm here in Las Vegas which is perfect timing for these healthy popsicles.  I remember eating a ton of store brought popsicles in the summertime as a child. They were sweet and refreshing, the perfect combo for children. Now, I look at those products as if they were evil, given their processed sugars, artificial flavors, and questionable ingredients.

Knowing what is in my food is so important to me, and since I do have an a weakness for popsicles, I decided to make my own version.  Not only do they taste really yummy, but I can eat them feeling good about whats inside of them.  Now, if you like your popsicles sweeter, be my guest and add more natural sweeteners.  Or if you want less, just omit it. That's the beauty of making our own food... we can adjust it to our liking.

I used my own cashew milk which is vanilla favored, and slightly sweetened already.  You can make these with any non-dairy milk, but I would recommend a vanilla flavored one. Otherwise, add 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence to the mixture to give it the flavor. 







BLUEBERRY POPSICLES



Ingredients:


  • 2 cups of vanilla flavored non-dairy milk (I used my own vanilla cashew milk)
  • 2 cups of blueberries
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 2 tablespoons of agave nectar (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut oil


Preparation:


  1. In a blender quickly blend the ingredients, until mostly smooth, but leaving a few chunks of blueberries.
  2. Transfer the mixture into popsicle molds, and place in the freezer until completely frozen, 6 hours to overnight. 
  3. When ready to eat, run the popsicle molds under warm water for easy removal.






Enjoy!


Depending on your mold size the amount of popsicles will vary. I yielded 10 with mine.








No comments:

Post a Comment