Oh does this dessert looks pretty with the lime green color from the mousse contrasting with the blue from the blueberries. But even better than that, it is delightful in taste, and good for you! A dessert that we can enjoy without guilt. Yes please!!!
This really took no time to make... I think I spent less than 10 minutes on it. I was craving something sweet but yet healthy, so I got my dessert fix really fast!
Any berries could be used here as they all taste good with lime. So if blueberries are unavailable, do not let it stop you. If you want to impress friends but do not want to spend too much time making a dessert, this will be perfect.
I guarantee that they are going to be completely shocked when you tell them that the mousse is made with avocados! :)
LIME MOUSSE PARFAIT WITH BLUEBERRY AND COCONUT TOPPINGS
For the mousse;
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted and skin removed
- 1/3 cup of raw cashews
- 2/3 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice (7-8 limes)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
For the topping:
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a high speed blender, place all of the mousse ingredients, and blend until very smooth.
- Line 4 parfait cups (or white wine glasses).
- Spoon 1/3 of the mousse mixture equally into the bottom of each glass.
- Spread 1/3 of the of the blueberries and 1/3 of the coconut flakes on top of each mouse layer.
- Repeat the process, you should have 3 layers of each the mousse, blueberries, and coconut flakes in each cup ending with the blueberries and coconut flakes on top.
This will make 4 servings