Friday, May 29, 2015

BLUEBERRY, ORANGE, AND GINGER CHIA SEED JAM

You 





I have been enjoying breakfast on my patio lately as the mornings in Las Vegas are just beautiful.  It is sunny but yet, not too hot. My dogs enjoy that time of the day too,  as they lay on the lounge chair and and soak up their vitamin D from the sun. 

Speaking of breakfast, I had these beautiful blueberries that I wanted to use and I was out of homemade jam, so I whipped up something different. This recipe is a variation of the strawberry and chia seed jam that I made a little while back. It just shows how, once you know a basic recipe, you can let your creativity take over, and experiment with infinite variations.  I added some orange zest, juice, and ginger in this one and the combo was absolutely delicious. 

If you don't eat toast too often, like myself, don't let it stop you from making this tasty jam. There are many other ways you can enjoy it! I used it as a topping for my oatmeal, yesterday, but it would also go great with ice cream, on top of fruits, or in a chia pudding. Since it takes no time to make, and is way better than store bought jams, you have no more excuses.  So let's get cooking!







BLUEBERRY, ORANGE, AND GINGER CHIA SEED JAM

Ingredients:

3 cups of blueberries
1/3 cup of agave nectar
1/4 cup of fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon of orange zest
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger
3 tablespoons of chia seeds






Preparation:


Put all the ingredients except the chia seeds in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
Mash the mixture with a potato masher, add the chia seeds, and continue cooking for 5 minutes until it has thickened
Remove from the heat, let it cool, and transfer to 2 small jam jars.
Keep refrigerated for up to two weeks, or save for later use in the freezer.

Enjoy!






This will make 2 small jars






No comments:

Post a Comment