Saturday, May 9, 2015

GLASS NOODLE SALAD WITH SESAME DRESSING







There is a restaurant in the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas called China Poblano. They offer a fusion of Asian and Mexican food, and it is quite delicious. They do have a vegetarian menu that can easily be adapted to vegan, and one of those dishes is a noodle salad with sesame dressing. I actually crave this salad from time to time as it is so yummy! This week, as I was longing for it, I decided I should give it a go and make my own inspired version.  Obviously it didn't taste exactly the same, but it was really enjoyable.

My baby shower is coming up, and a friend of mine is hosting.  But loving to cook, I still want to prepare some of the dishes.  I think this salad will be perfect to offer as it is light and busting with flavor. Plus it is quick and easy to make... Bonus!!! :) 
I am still working on a little menu for the occasion. I am thinking of using recipes from my blog so that I can share it all with you.  It is coming up in two weeks so I definitely need to get on it soon!







GLASS NOODLE SALAD WITH SESAME DRESSING



Ingredients:

For the salad:

  • 8 oz dried brown rice glass noodles
  • 1 small red onion, cut in half, then sliced very thin into a julienne
  • 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced very thin into a julienne
  • 2 carrots, sliced very thin into a julienne
  • 1 small baby bok choy, sliced very thin into a chiffonade
  • 2 collard green leaves, sliced very thin into a chiffonade
  • 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste




For the dressing:

  • 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
  • 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
  • 1/3 cup of tamari sauce
  • 1/3 cup of water
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
  • 3 teaspoons of miso
  • 3 dates, pitted and chopped  (if they are hard, soften by soaking them in warm water for 30 minute prior using) 
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh ginger, chopped
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste



Preparation:


  1. Cook the noodles in hot water following the manufacturer's instructions. 
  2. Once cooked, drain, and let them cool.
  3. Put all of the dressing ingredients in a high speed blender, and blend until very smooth.
  4. Put all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl, add the dressing, and mix well until the noodles are well coated.
  5. Serve into individual bowls.



This will make 4 servings








No comments:

Post a Comment