Since I could see this dressing with so many other salads, I gave it it's own blog. It is so refreshing! The cumin flavor is very mild, so this is not a spicy dressing. Rather it is tangy from the lemons, and also revitalizing. Quite perfect for the summer!
Using fresh squeezed lemon juice makes such a difference in the taste of dressing. It is really worth the effort. Plus lemons are so good for you! They are super alkaline and therefore balance the PH level of or body, they aid digestion, dental care, and weight loss. They act as blood purifiers ,they control high blood pressure,and they can also help purify the liver. That's just to name a few of the benefits!
Since this is all made in a blender, it only takes a few minutes to prepare, So let's say goodbye to store bought dressing.
CREAMY LEMON AND CUMIN DRESSING
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of filtered water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chickpea miso (white soy miso would work too, but make sure to buy organic if using a soy miso to avoid GMO's)
- 1 tablespoon of Bragg liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of raw sunflower seeds
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped (if they are hard, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes to soften)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a high speed blender, put all of the ingredients together, and blend until very smooth.
- Serve immediately or save in the refrigerator.