Monday, April 13, 2015

PEANUT BUTTER PARFAIT




I think there is such a thing as a peanut butter addiction. It seems like every dessert taste amazing with that flavor, and that we can never get enough. Who didn't like opening their lunch boxes to a delicious peanut butter and jam sandwich when they were kids? I know I did! It might not have been my healthiest lunch to have in school, but it sure was one of my favorites.

I was going to send this recipe to a cooking contest but ended up having family in town and never got around to sending it before the deadline. Which is fine, as now I share this recipe with you all rather than lose the rights to it to the contest holders. I am sure you all prefer that, as it really was delicious and decadent!


If you love peanut butter like me and feel like something luscious and sweet, I strongly encourage you to try this. It is really easy to make, and will bring a lots compliments your way from those eating it.  Plus you can make the dessert visually appealing by serving it in a fancy glassware, such as a wine glass, a martini glass, or just a pretty well shaped glass.

If you want to take it up a notch, drizzle some melted chocolate over it. Although I have not tried that, I am sure that it would be outstanding!

PEANUT BUTTER PARFAIT

Ingredients:

For the peanut butter mousse:

1-14 oz. can of coconut cream (do not confuse with coconut milk, it is not the same thing)
1/2 cup of smooth, unsweetened, natural peanut butter
1/3 cup of maple syrup
2 bananas, peeled
2 tablespoons of coconut oil

For the toppings:

3/4 cup of non dairy, semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup of gluten free old fashion oats
3/4 cup of hemp seeds
3/4 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes

Preparation:

In a blender, mix all of the mousse ingredients until smooth.
Place in a bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours to let it set.
Once the mousse is set, split 1/2 of the mixture into 4 medium or small size parfait glasses.
Sprinkle 1/2 of the toppings evenly on top of each glasses.
Repeat the process with the other half, layering it on top of the mouse/toppings so that you should have it in this order from the bottom:  a layer of mousse, a layer of toppings, another layer of mousse and toppings on the very top.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I personally thought it tasted its best the next day when the mousse was really set, and all the flavors had come together.  But really enjoy it when ever you want!

Bon appetit!

This will make 4 medium of 6 small parfaits.





No comments:

Post a Comment