Thursday, April 9, 2015

OVERNIGHT OATS WITH STRAWBERRIES AND YOGURT



Oh the mornings...they can be such a great way to start the day if done right.
The trick I found to truly enjoy my mornings, is to make them as stress-free as possible. I love cooking obviously, but when I first wake up, it is not my priority. My priority is to enjoy a quick and easy meal.
Whether I am rushed in time, or too tired to cook, this oatmeal is absolutely the perfect way to start the day. Since I prepare it the night before,(and really it takes less than 5 minutes to do so), I can just grab it straight from the fridge and enjoy. It is a much better option than the standard toast or cereals.
I have made overnight oats with non-dairy milk, and many other fruits and nut variations, but this time, I decided to make a thicker, more nourishing version using yogurt. It came out great. :)
I now have a full belly that will remain satisfied for a few hours, and got to enjoy a quick and tasty breakfast. Yum!
This oatmeal is for 1 adult but you can easily double or even quadruple the recipe if you need more. If I were to make it for small kids, I would probably split it into two small jars and feed two of them with this recipe (since they generally have a much smaller appetite). You can also easily use any other berries if you have them available. Just have fun with it and enjoy!



OVERNIGHT OATS WITH STRAWBERRIES AND YOGURT

Ingredients:

1 cup of non-dairy vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup of gluten free old fashion oats
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
2 tablespoons of raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup of large unsweetened coconut flakes
5 large strawberries, sliced

Preparation:

Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl,
Transfer to a medium size jar, cover, and keep in the refrigerator two hours to overnight.
Enjoy cold, in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment