Saturday, June 20, 2015

CHOCOLATE POPSICLE





It has been extremely hot here in Las Vegas. We're going through a heat wave, and the temperature has been reaching around 115 F. I am one who usually loves the heat, but I have to admit that I even find this a bit much!

I don't know if you are like me, but when it's really hot outside, I crave colder food. Usually, salads, guacamole, raw food of some sorts, and also colder desserts. Since I also crave chocolate while being pregnant, these little popsicles were perfect.

I actually have to say that this was amazing to enjoy in 3 different ways.  When I finished blending it, I poured myself a little sippy cup to drink, and was shocked at how great it tasted.  It reminded me of this drinking chocolate that Italians enjoy. So rich and delicious. I could have drank the whole jar!
I also tried it slightly before it was frozen. It had set, was cold, and both looked and tasted like a chocolate mousse.  

And then we enjoyed it as a popsicle.  It was divine and gone in no time. I cannot say which was my favorite way, as they were really unique in texture and delightful each time.  So you may want to consider trying all three of these variations as well!





CHOCOLATE POPSICLE




Ingredients:


  • 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews (preferably soaked in water for 2 hours)
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 cup of cacao butter
  • 1/3 cup of pure cacao powder (not the processed cocoa)
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 2 cups of water







Preparation:

  1. Put all the ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until very smooth.
  2. Transfer into popsicle mold and freeze overnight.
  3. To remove the popsicle from the mold, run some warm water over the mold for 1-2 minutes.

Enjoy!





This will make between 8-14 servings depending on your mold size













No comments:

Post a Comment