Saturday, July 4, 2015

BANANA PUDDING WITH 4TH OF JULY TOPPINGS





Happy Fourth of July!
Also known as Independence Day, this federal holiday celebrates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence from Great Britain on July 4th 1976.  It is one of the most celebrated holidays in America. BBQs, picnics, parades, fireworks, and gatherings are the most common ways to rejoice on this occasion. I jokingly like to call this day, "the day that my dogs thinks the world is ending!"  as my poor babies gets really scared from all the fireworks.  But it's all good, they have survived it every year, and I'm sure this year will be no exception!

There are so many recipes that I can think of that would be great for the Fourth of July. Some fun appetizers (try my Stuffed mini sweet peppers with veggies and lemon dill cashew cream cheese filling), veggie burgers for the grill (try my Southwestern black rice and red  bean burgers), delicious salads (try my Summer corn salad with chimichurri dressing), refreshing cold soups (try my Gazpacho soup), or a colorful dessert like this recipe that I am about to share with you; my famous banana pudding with 4th of July toppings. I made this dessert in the past, and it was such a hit!  Plus it's healthy and easy to make, but that can be our secret!  ;)





BANANA PUDDING WITH 4TH OF JULY TOPPINGS 

Ingredients:

For the pudding:

8 bananas
6 dates, pitted (if they are hard, soften them by soaking them in hot water for 30 minutes)
1/2 cup of raw cashews 
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla essence
1 tablespoon of lemon juice



For the toppings:

1 cup of coconut flakes 
1/2 cup of blueberries
1 cup of strawberries, chopped

Preparation:

In a high speed blender, put all of the pudding ingredients together, and blend until very smooth.
Transfer to 6 small rectangular individual bowls and leave in the refrigerator to set for 1 hour.
Place the toppings to make a USA flag (see pictures) on top of each puddings and serve.

Enjoy!




This will make 6 puddings

No comments:

Post a Comment